Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair chip in shower stall tile?

Coolaholigah
Cultivating a Following

How to repair chip in shower stall tile?

Hello and thanks in advance

a small chip (a bit bigger than 5 cent piece has been created by damage in a shower stall 

it’s a glazed tile so different colour shows through.

im not that worried about the contrasting colour I’m more concerned because it’s in the shower that it might let moisture through.

is there such a thing as a til repair paint or should I just use a waterproof touch up paint? Or should I not be concerned…

thanks

IMG_5922.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair chip in shower stall tile?

Hello @Coolaholigah 

Thanks for sharing your question about repairing a chip in your tile. In order to prevent moisture from entering the tile, I suggest using Selleys 110g Knead It Aqua Epoxy. It is suitable for use on fiberglass, wood, ceramics, metal, concrete, glass, masonry and most plastics. 

My best advice is to use only what you need and mix the putty very well before pushing it into the damaged section. Once it is on, use your thumb to feather the sides so that it does not stand out. Make sure that it is not too tall so that you will not need to sand it down. 

Once the putty cures, you can paint over it, but please note that painting is a temporary measure, and it will need to be touched up occasionally as it fades. The proper repair procedure is of course to replace the tile, but if you are not ready for that type of repair using the putty will suffice.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects