Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair peeling paint on a bathroom ceiling?

Donald1
Just Starting Out

How to repair peeling paint on a bathroom ceiling?

What Joint Compound or filler should I use to repair peeling paint on a bathroom ceiling

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair peeling paint on a bathroom ceiling?

Hello @Donald1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about repairing peeling paint on your bathroom ceiling.

To give our members a better idea of the extent of the damage on your bathroom ceiling, would it be possible for you to post a few photos of the area? This will give our members a chance to assess the damage. We can then offer a more comprehensive suggestion on how to repair the damage. If the paint peeling and cracking is extensive it might be necessary to carry out a more extensive repair.

I also suggest having a look at these discussions:

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to repair peeling paint on a bathroom ceiling?

Hi @Donald1,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

Please let me know if you need a hand sharing some photos so we can see what you are working with. As you'll note from those other discussions that Eric linked to, the key to a great end result when painting is doing the necessary preparation. It's likely that you have plenty of scraping and sanding to do first. You'll need to remove as much of the delaminated paint as possible because anything that hasn't peeled off is likely to in the future. If you put anything on top of compromised paint, it's just going to come off again soon.

Looking forward to seeing your photos and assisting further. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects