Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair sliding shower screen?

anntan
Just Starting Out

How to repair sliding shower screen?

I have probably a very old shower screen. Any idea where I can find the parts to replace my faulty roller?

Or know any shop in Sydney who specializes in repair shower door?

I hate to think of using shower curtain if there is no way to fix this old sliding shower screen.

IMG-20230726-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230726-WA0003.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair sliding shower screen?

Hello @anntan 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about repairing your sliding shower screen.

It's possible that you might find a compatible wheel from the Cowdroy Wheel set. They have an extensive collection of roller bearing replacement wheels for both hanging doors and rail guided sliders. If it's possible to remove the entire plastic assembly, make sure to bring it with you to the store so that you can compare it for size and shape.

I also suggest taking measurements of the size of the wheel and the actual assembly itself. It's also possible that you might find a compatible sliding set complete with housing. This will save you from having to disassemble the unit and you can just do a straight swap.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects