Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace vanity drawer fronts?

Monika290368
Just Starting Out

How to replace vanity drawer fronts?

Can I replace drawers and cupboards in my bathroom?  They are looking old but the bench top is still good so rather than pulling out the vanity I was wondering if there is a cheaper alternative to just replace the front?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom Reno

Hello @Monika290368 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. it's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about replacing your vanity drawer fronts. 

If you are planning on making your own drawer fronts, I suggest using Pine DAR as it has a nice flat finish, and it has multiple sizes that should make it easy to match your current drawer front thickness.

To properly seal the drawer fronts I recommend using Crommelin 1L Flat Aquablock Waterproof Primer Undercoat. its specifically designed for high moisture areas. For the topcoat I suggest Dulux 1L White Aquanamel High Gloss Enamel Paint.

In order to give our members a better idea of the number of fronts you are replacing, would it be possible for you to post a picture of the vanity? We can then make recommendations on how to build the drawer fronts.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint like a professional

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to replace vanity drawer fronts?

Hi @Monika290368,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and I trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration from the community for all your projects around the house and garden.

As per Eric's reply, please let us know if you need a hand uploading some photos of your vanity so we can assist further. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects