Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to setup kitchen sink tap in laundry?

Junaidalitahir
Finding My Feet

How to setup kitchen sink tap in laundry?

Hi,

I have recently changed the hotwater tap in my laundry. The new spindle set is still leaking therefore I am thinking if I could install any of the following kitchen taps in laundry? For instance I will connect the hot pipe to hot connection and cold pipe to cold one. Tap placement will be easy. Is it a possibility?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/estilo-35mm-chrome-sink-mixer-wels-4-star-7-5l-min_p5001589

https://www.bunnings.com.au/estilo-chrome-tall-vege-spray-coil-sink-mixer-wels-5-star-6l-min_p001895...

Regards,

Junaid

PXL_20230607_141107740.MP.jpgPXL_20230607_141054678.MP.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to setup kitchen sink tap in laundry?

Hello @Junaidalitahir 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about setting up a sink tap in your laundry tub.

The good  news is that it's possible to put in the kitchen taps that you've mentioned. However, this will require a registered plumber to remove the tiles and change the fittings inside your wall so that they can screw in the flexi hoses of the tapware that you've mentioned.

If you wish to avoid re-tiling and re-plumbing your wall, I propose having a look the Quoss Reno Transformer set. This tapware will allow you to turn your separate hot and cold tap into a single mixer tapware. The best part is that you don't need to make any major modifications to your existing tapware. The Quoss system will adjust to what you have on your wall.

I've placed some images below of the Quoss sets that you can use in your laundry tub.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Awesome. Thanks Eric.. will have a look

Keep us updated on your project @Junaidalitahir and please reach out again if you need further assistance; we're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I was able to stop the leak. Just used a different washer. Will explore options in future to do proper enhancements in laundry specially making a cabinet for washing machine and dryer

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects