Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop tap from leaking?

Richard44
Getting Established

How to stop tap from leaking?

How to tighten nut under face bowl outlet tap, it leeks. Requires special tool, I am not sure if Bunnings carries a plumers tool. Had to turn tap to the left to tighten and to stop leek.

IMG20230427135735.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to stop tap from leaking?

Hello @Richard44 

Is the water leaking into your bowl under the cabinet? If it is, it could be the o ring seals of the spout have given way causing it to leak. I recommend changing them before you tighten the nut of the spout. 

I propose using the Kinetic Assorted Sizes O Ring Kit in combination with the Kinetic 15g Tap Lubricant.

If you are after a tool to use under the sink, I suggest looking at the IRWIN 280mm Basin Wrench. It's designed to reach into hard-to-reach places when installing plumbing fittings. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Richard44
Getting Established

Hi Ericl,

The water is leeking from under the middle outlet, (fixed outlet) under the basin. This assemble was replaced recently by a plumer, and I have lost his contact number. I purchased a Irwan renche from Bunnings and found that their was no room to get this rench in a tiney space.

I thank you for your advice but it seems that I will have to call the experts in, I am just to old for this.

Kind regards

Richard44

Fair enough, @Richard44. It can be a little tricky trying to access nuts under your sink. It sounds like a wise decision to call in a professional; just make sure to keep a hold of their card so you can call them back if the issue persists.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects