Workshop
Ask a question

Installation guide for Kinetic 17 - 25mm Single Flush Outlet Valve?

Anth
Finding My Feet

Installation guide for Kinetic 17 - 25mm Single Flush Outlet Valve?

Is there an printable installation guide please ?

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: Installation guide for Kinetic 17 - 25mm Single Flush Outlet Valve?

If you do a search in the workshop "Installing Kinetic cistern valve" you'll  find an old question on this it might help. JDE

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Anth. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a Kinetic flush valve.

It's wonderful to see @JDE has provided a helpful suggestion.

Take a look at this useful guide from Fix-A-Tap. It gives general information on how to remove a toilet outlet valve. Remember to check local plumbing regulations before commencing work.

The removal process is relatively straightforward after unscrewing the large nut where the flush pipe is connected to the cistern. Let me know if you get stuck at all, and I'd be happy to troubleshoot the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Anth
Finding My Feet

Anth_0-1643603057107.jpeg

Anth_1-1643603068693.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Anth

It's great that you've found the paper guide for the Kinetic cistern outlet valve. One of the most important parts of the guide is to adjust the height of the flush button mechanism to the height of your toilet cistern cover. If not adjusted properly you won't be able to put the cover back on.

When you begin taking the cistern apart. I suggest observing carefully how you remove the old flushing mechanism. How it's removed is how you will re-install the new one. Put the new flushing mechanism next to the old one so that you can compare their height. Observe carefully the height of the flush button. Remember not to overtighten the locking collar at the bottom, you want it firm but not overly tight. Too much force will snap the collar and you will get a leak. If you have any other questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your cistern repaired.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Anth
Finding My Feet

Good news, it works like new !

Thankyou all for your help.

Anth.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects