Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kinetic single flush outlet valve not producing enough water when flushing toilet

Angie00
Just Starting Out

Kinetic single flush outlet valve not producing enough water when flushing toilet

I just installed the kinetic single flush outlet valve, after cutting the tube and grey rod like thing to make it fit in the cistern, I followed the instructions to put the full flush level (grey lever) at the lowest number for maximum amount of water, and same with the half flush lever, but hardly any water goes into the toilet bowl. I have to hold the button down to get the toilet bowl to fill with enough water to get rid of the crap..the cistern is full of water so this is not why it’s not flushing properly. 
can someone help me with how to adjust in order to get more water when flushing the toilet

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: kinetic single flush outlet valve not enough water when flushing toilet

Hi @Angie00,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is great you have decided to join and ask us about your Kinetic outlet valve issue. Our resident DIY expert @MitchellMc will be back online tomorrow and will be able to assist you. Let me tag a few of our great Workshop members @JDE@CSParnell, and @MikeTNZ to check if they have any suggestions to help you get the valve and cistern working properly. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Thanks @KatieC, @Angie00 your outlet adjustments control the amount of water that will let go at once. 

Your inlet will control the rate of water that comes in to fill up and the height that it fills to.

Your cock valve down on the wall will also determine the amount of water flow (speed) it comes into the cistern.

I would check your levels on the inlet and also check your cock valve.  See how you go from there to start with 

20221229_111750.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Angie00,

I'm sorry to hear that this product is giving you difficulties.

How long do you need to hold the button for the full flush? If it is more than a couple of seconds, it sounds like the valve is not releasing enough water for your pan. How old is the pan? Older pans can require more water to flush than newer-style pans designed to be water-saving.

If all the adjustments have been made correctly, it sounds like this valve might not be compatible with your toilet. I'd suggest having a word with your local store's Special Order desk to see if there are other options instead of this universal flush outlet. If the product isn't fit for purpose, our team in-store will return it for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

I was holding the button down for 4-5 seconds for full flush.

i ended up taking the flush valve out to have another close look at it, if I hacksawed more off then I’d have to reduce the amount of water going into the cistern as the flush valve would fill with water, I didn’t want to do this as this is an old toilet and needs a lot of water to flush properly. I resorted to adjusting the height of the flush button mechanism but now there is a small gap between the lid and button, you can slide a thin piece of cardboard in the gap, but it isn’t very noticeable. I figured this is a small price to pay for a working toilet.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That sounds like a good compromise, @Angie00. Well done on finding a solution to the issue.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects