Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry makeover with rattan cupboards

selva
Having an Impact

Laundry makeover with rattan cupboards

2959EDA4-7FBC-4560-86A5-CA2D68719AA8.jpeg

This project has been a long time in the making. I recycled a cabinet for the counter space at the bottom and a long hutch where I added rattan to make more storage space on the top. I bought a timber panel from Bunnings and cut out the sink space for when my neighbour whose a plumber to fit all the taps etc. there was a space on top of the washing machine that was really bugging me so another trip to Bunnings and I came up with the idea to make a little pull out drawer ironing board, using the drawer accessories to create it. Finally last step once all the plumbing was finished I tiled the backsplash with the beautiful aqua long tile from Bunnings. I painted the top cabinets with dulux aqua enamel to make it more durable and used the marine  varnish in the countertop to really protect the timber. 

412C33FE-C769-493B-A36F-C4DA03E9FC1B.jpeg

813B25B5-677D-4706-AED6-BA2A04EC2465.jpeg

  

5225A0C8-4B93-423C-881B-0BCEDF7557F5.jpeg

37060A3F-54E0-4FFC-B2A5-FB8C03B604A9.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: #DIY July laundry makeover

Wow! You really have an eye for this type of makeover, @selva. Really stunning work!

I trust you're exceptionally pleased with how this turned out. I love the pull-out ironing board. I'm sure this could be used as a space-saving device in many small laundry projects. It would be a great place for a washing basket if there is limited bench space.

Thanks for sharing your marvellous work.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: #DIY July laundry makeover

Thanks Mitchell! I am Uber pleased with this one! It has been Over a year in the making and then finding that cabinet for the bottom which was just perfect for it was just the cherry on top! I had so much fun !! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects