Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Old Laundry sink taps need replaced with 1/4 turn taps

ecstewar
Just Starting Out

Old Laundry sink taps need replaced with 1/4 turn taps

Hi - I need to replace the taps in the photo with 1/4 turn taps.  Is there any way I can replace the taps themselves without having to replace the whole tap unit?  If I do need to replace the whole unit, is there a 1/4 turn one that would fit this?

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

IMG_4859.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Old Laundry sink taps need replaced with 1/4 turn taps

Hello @ecstewar 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your laundry sink taps.

I suggest having a look at the Shaw & Mason 1/4 Turn Anti Clockwise Chrome Plate Ceramic Disc Spindle in combination with Shaw & Mason 1/4 Turn Clockwise Chrome Plate Ceramic Disc Wall Spindle. These are ceramic based tap spindles that you can easily swap over for your traditional spindles that use rubber jump valves. 

Before installing the ceramic spindle, remember to remove the locking shroud mechanism. You should be able to screw it off by turning the top of the brass body anti-clockwise while holding the bottom of the spindle steady. While you're at the store, don't forget to get compatible handles for them as well.

Please make sure to turn the water off at the meter and to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when upgrading the tapware.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects