Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small budget bathroom makeover

daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

Small budget bathroom makeover

b17 (1).jpg

After completing our DIY budget kitchen makeover we thought we could now conquer the world😁 so we decided to take on our dilapidated little bathroom. I really thought the whole thing needed to be gutted and redone and I was probably right but our budget was pretty much non existent so I thought anything is better than it's present state. We had a great deal of success with tile paint in the kitchen and looking closely at the bathroom I came to the conclusion that most of the change and refresh would come in the form of paint. So I painted the walls, ceiling, doors, tiles on the walls, tiles on the shower wall and the floor tiles, on the bathroom floor and the shower floor along with the cupboard doors. Instead of pulling the bench down, which would have meant retiling, we simply placed a wood look laminate bench over the top of the existing one and updated our sink with a very swanky yet ultra cheap counter top basin. We replaced tapware and I made a little cover for the bath out of a piece of furniture that was free on the side of the road. A nice little light shade, modern round mirror and a towel rail later, our little bathroom was ready to make it's debut😁😂. I'm not going to call this a renovation or transformation because compared to other renos it's so very basic but it has freshened and lightened and modernized the space all for under $1000. We're very proud parents🤣 

b.pngb1.pngb2.pngb3.pngb4.pngb5.pngb6.pngb7.pngb8.pngb9.pngb9a.pngb10.pngb11.pngb12.pngb13.pngb16.pngb17 (1).jpgb17 (2).jpg

https://youtu.be/iJ-HNENyoE8 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Small Budget Bathroom Makeover

That is certainly a transformation in every sense of the word in my book @daniknight4! It's stunning what you've been able to achieve, and your results speak for themselves. It's incredible to see the quality of finish yet know that you kept the existing cabinetry and tiles.

I trust you are delighted with your new bathroom, and rightfully so. It's a great example of what can be created on a budget. Awesome work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Small budget bathroom makeover

What a fantastic transformation @daniknight4 you must be very pleased with the outcome.

Well done.

Re: Small Budget Bathroom Makeover

Thank you! We are very pleased with the outcome. 

Re: Small budget bathroom makeover

Thank you so much. Yes we certainly are! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects