Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

TV unit transformed into mud room

Allykj
Finding My Feet

TV unit transformed into mud room

I have transformed a few of these old tv units that I find on giveaway sites on Facebook. I knock out the shelves that I don’t want to use, use liquid nails to put BJ panels along the back. Select a great colour paint, use timber rails to attach hooks to (for scarves, bags etc) and I use lining white on the main flat surface. I line the inside of the cupboard with draw liners. And of course matching new handles and ta-dah!!! 

ED02C73B-372B-44EC-8134-AF52036E77FA.jpeg

D86ABBE7-A834-45F8-AEEC-91CE6C0F6EC3.jpeg

28765B97-BDC9-46D7-941A-23340B9799AE.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: TV unit transformed into mud room

Hi @Allykj,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is wonderful you have decided to join us and share your beautiful upcycled tv unit project. You'll find that Workshop is a great place for inspiration and advice on all things DIY and garden. Your project is very well done and might even make it into our top 10 most popular indoor furniture projects one day.  

Your handles go perfectly with your paint colour, what is the blue colour called? You mentioned you lined the cabinet, did you use wallpaper? Great work!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects