Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What to do about a bubble behind tap in waterproofing?

Milly3
Just Starting Out

What to do about a bubble behind tap in waterproofing?

Hi just wanting to know what to do about a bubble behind my tap in my waterproofing? 
Well I cut it out and continued on with the 2nd coat and am not sure if I should put another bit of tap and waterproof again or what to do? Thanks in advance

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: waterproofing

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Milly3. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about waterproofing.

Typically, waterproofing must be done in one continuous coat. A repair or cutout section breaks that continuous layer. Adding an additional layer over the top doesn't necessarily fix the issue, and many licensed waterproofers would not repair a penetrated waterproofing layer; rather, they'd remove it all. The repair might be possible, but that's a question best posed to the waterproofer who will be signing off on your installation for insurance purposes and to ensure it complies with codes.

Remember that only trained professionals who currently hold an Australian Waterproofing License can install waterproofing. Once the job is done, they must provide a statement of compliance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects