Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where can I find steel legs for SpecRite panel?

KelTron
Growing in Experience

Where can I find steel legs for SpecRite panel?

Hi All,

I wanted to buy this SpecRite panel for my laundry, as I need a high bench..Tis panel would be perfect But the Photo Shows a black  Steel leg on the left on the photo, looks nice and high prob 800mm high at least... but its not sold at Bunnings, I can't find it anywhere...

does anyone know where I can buy this Table leg?? 

IMG_5283.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where can I find steel legs for SpecRite panel?

Hi @KelTron

Thanks for sharing your question about the legs for the SpecRite panel display. Unfortunately, the only legs that come to mind are the  Adoored 60 x 870mm Brushed Nickel Metal Leg Furniture and the Adoored 40 x 710mm Black Metal Round Furniture Leg. Only one of the legs is close to your preferred height and neither of them has that squared look you're after. 

Let me make some further inquiries for you to see if those steel legs are available. As soon as I have more information I'll post it here.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KelTron
Growing in Experience

Thanks so much Eric !

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @KelTron 

Thank you for your patience, unfortunately, this steel leg on the photo is not a standard stock item. Odds are it was just a display photo they used to give you ideas on how to use the timber panel. However, if you wish to recreate the steel leg you can use Metal Mate 40 x 40 x 1.6mm 3m Galvanised Steel Square Tube in combination with Dunnings 80 x 80 x 40 x 5mm M12 Galvanised Angle Bracket

If you don't wish to use the angle bracket you'll have to find a place or person that will weld the metal tubes for you. You can probably get a quote for this service on either Hipages or Airtasker. I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how the steel tubes come together. Please note that the sizes indicated are for reference only, please adjust them to your needs.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

keltron legs1.jpg

KelTron
Growing in Experience

Eric,

Sorry for the delay to reply, and thanks so much for the ideas, really appreciate it. I am not sure which way ill go with it, ill need to give it some thought but that's so much for showing me an alternative way to get the job done. Awesome. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @KelTron

That's perfectly alright, I recommend giving it some thought and once you've decided how you wish to proceed please make sure to post an update. I'm sure our members will be keen to know how you're going to build your table.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects