Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which drywall paneling to use in laundry reno?

lizzzblizzz8
Just Starting Out

Which drywall paneling to use in laundry reno?

we recently gutted our old laundry room and had someone come treat and remove the asbestos walls and ceilings.  We now need to replace these walls and ceiling to begin our reno-  which type of gyprock is best to use for wet rooms such as laundry or bathrooms?  And how do we prep the cement floors for tiling. Cheersc6605868-25cb-4463-9630-32be295e2f95.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Which drywall paneling to use in laundry reno?

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop @lizzzblizzz8. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to seeing how you can transform your laundry. The community here loves a good laundry reno project so please keep us updated as you make progress.

Our resident D.I.Y. experts will be happy to assist you with your questions as soon as possible. Let me also tag some other experienced renovators for their thoughts: @JacobZ95@homeinmelbourne@prettyliving.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JacobZ95
Building a Reputation

Re: Which drywall paneling to use in laundry reno?

Hi @lizzzblizzz8,

The best plasterboard to use in this situation is Aquachek. Most Bunnings stock it in a variety of sizes depending on your requirements (3000x12002400x1200).

The main thing when preparing a concrete slab is to confirm that it is both as flat as possible and level. The best way to achieve this to use a self levelling compound such as Lanko 173 Floor Leveller.

A look at How Do You Level a Floor? Should help with your understanding of the process. 

If you need more advice, I’m happy to help. 

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects