Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I use GRUNT 25cm Ultimate Ground Anchor to hold my garden shed to the ground?

Fayaz
Just Starting Out

Can I use GRUNT 25cm Ultimate Ground Anchor to hold my garden shed to the ground?

I have Absco Sheds 1.52 x 0.78 x 1.95m Space Saver Single Door Garden Shed - Zincalume can I use GRUNT 25cm Ultimate Ground Anchor to hold my garden shed to the ground or any other recommendations that are easy and does not require too much of technicality.

Appreciate your help

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Can I use GRUNT 25cm Ultimate Ground Anchor to hold my garden shed to the ground?

Hi @Fayaz 

Yes  use the   bigger  32 cm grunts on the inside of the shed  corners  or  star pegs  both at an  angle  so the wind wont find it so easy to lift it up. and at the mid points too.

There is still a chance the shed  could move in high winds.

Typically  you would bolt the shed  down to a cement slab or a  concrete footing so there is weight to hold shed  down.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I use GRUNT 25cm Ultimate Ground Anchor to hold my garden shed to the ground?

Hello @Fayaz 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about anchoring your garden shed.

The Grunt 25cm Ultimate Ground Anchor is a ground anchor made for temporary use. Although it provides a lot of holding power, should water enter the anchor from the outside the soil will get soft and the anchor will pull out. For safe and long-term anchoring, it's best to pour a cement slab to hold your shed down safely.  

The last thing you want to see is your shed flying off into the neighbours back yard in a thunderstorm. I also suggest having a look at your local council's rules and regulations regarding installing a shed in your area. 

If you still have your installation manual, you'll see that on page 14 it specifically shows where the anchors must be placed on a concrete slab. 

I also recommend having a look at this guide - How to pour a concrete slab by @tom_builds

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks 🙂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects