Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY steel shed

Jimi
Making a Splash

DIY steel shed

To get the tools out of the garage, I built a solid steel shed from scratch. Far from an expert welder, I sourced the steel beams from a local supplier and then special ordered the corrugated sheeting and flashing from Bunnings. The fittings (rails and wheels) for the large two sliding doors were purchased from Robot Building Supplies.shed 1.2.jpgshed 1.1.jpgshed 1.3.jpg

One side of the shed is a workspace as pictured, the other side is storage for all the garden tools and bikes.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY steel shed

Hello @Scott7 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about the shed.

Let me tag @Jimi to make them aware of your question. Since the shed frame is totally welded, I suspect that the frame was moved forward to allow the mounting of the back panels. Once it was fixed in place they moved the shed back to its original position. But let's wait for Jimi to confirm how it was done.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jimi
Making a Splash

Re: DIY steel shed

Hi @Scott7, I built the frame first then with the frame away from the fenceline i attached the rear sheets. I also attached the first sheet on either side so i could install the rear corner flashings. Once these were on I then shifted the frame (2-man lift) into position where I could dyna bolt into the ground. After that i could finish off the sides/roof/etc. Hope that helps!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects