Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I seal the gap between my garage concrete floor and brick wall?

GeorgeB
Just Starting Out

How do I seal the gap between my garage concrete floor and brick wall?

There's a ~ half cm gap between my garage floor and brick wall. I've had little pebbles coming up through the gap - think it might be ants? Especially in the corner near the front door.

Is there anything I can do to seal these gaps?

1000002875.jpg

1000002877.jpg

1000002876.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I seal the gap between my garage concrete floor and brick wall?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @GeorgeB. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling a gap.

It looks like it could be ants. I recommend you start by sweeping up all that debris. Take a container of Ant Killa Dust and puff it down into the gap over its full length. Next, push filler rod down into the gap so it sits around 5mm below the surface. This prevents using excessive amounts of gap filler. Follow this guide on How to apply silicone sealant and fill the gap with Sikaflex 11FC. You can then wet a finger with water and a little detergent and wipe it along the sealant to smooth the joint.

This should effectively prevent the ants from using the joint to access the garage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects