Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a base for garden shed?

yusop
Finding My Feet

How to build a base for garden shed?

I moved to a house with no garden shed and planned to instal a base for a kitset wooden garden shed to sit on, on this landscaped slightly slopping uneven leve west side area. I have time to DIY (retired) after concrete base option removed. Started to cut the serpent tree. After stump is removed, is it ok to use timber pegs drive into soil as posts and start from there.

20240220_181431.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to build a base for garden shed?

Hi @yusop,

Apologies for the slow reply. It's great to see you make your first post on the site after being a member for a while. I trust you've been getting plenty of helpful advice and inspiration from our community members. 

Can you please advise why you removed the concrete base? Typically that would be our recommendation for the best base for a shed. Would you consider laying a new one? It might also be helpful for members to know how you plan to secure the shed?

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yusop
Finding My Feet

Hi Jason, concreting is a heavy workload to me. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @yusop 

My apologies for the late reply. Depending on the size of the base you are after, it is possible to build the base in sections. In this manner you will not be overwhelmed with the effort of building a base. I suggest having a look at this discussion - How to pour a concrete slab by @tom_builds.

In the discussion you'll see how a small slab is created and the possibility of building another one beside it.

Here are some fantastic shed base discussions which you might find helpful:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
yusop
Finding My Feet

yes, Thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects