Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a cheap shed base?

Maria1
Just Starting Out

How to build a cheap shed base?

I just want to put up a small tin shed,what is the cheapest way to do this please,

IMG20230421130543.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: iam a pensioner and dont have amounts of money i need to know what is a cheap way to do a bashed

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Maria1. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about shed bases.

You could place it directly on the ground, depending on what you wish to store in the shed. However, securing it in high winds would be difficult, and the inside ground will get muddy when it rains. Typically the bare minimum for a shed base would be pavers. The Brighton Masonry 400 x 400 x 42mm Premium Pave Steel Concrete Paver would likely be the most budget-friendly option. You'll then be able to secure your shed to the pavers to prevent it being tipped over by the wind.

The other option would be to create your own concrete slab. Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to pour a concrete slab.

If you can provide an approximate size for the shed, I can have a look to see what would be our cheapest option.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: iam a pensioner and dont have amounts of money i need to know what is a cheap way to do a bashed

The tin shed is 6foot x 8 foot.

Could I just lay some Crusher dust and level that off to put shed on,?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You could do that if you wished, @Maria1. It wouldn't be a recommended base choice from a shed manufacturer, but at least that would give you a floor that wouldn't get muddy.  As I mentioned, without a solid base to bolt the shed down to, you run the risk of it blowing away in high winds. You might be able to use some ground screws to secure the shed.

Did you already have the shed or were you looking the purchase one? The closest shed we'd have to 1.8 x 2.4m would be the Absco Sheds 2.26 x 1.52 x 2.08m Zinc Economy Single Door Garden Shed. You might like to take a look at our range of economy sheds.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects