Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a mobile workshop timber storage rack?

Ciccio
Just Starting Out

How to build a mobile workshop timber storage rack?

Do you have any plans/drawings for a workshop mobile timber storage rack please?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mobile Workshop Timber Storage Rack

Hello @Ciccio 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about a mobile timber storage rack.

There are several ways to build a mobile timber storage rack, but can you please tell us how big you want it to be and what kind of timber will you be storing in it. 

I'm sure you've seen some online storage systems with one side slanted to accommodate large flat sheets. But if you don't need to have this feature it can be built as a rectangular trolley with different levels to hold timber. Any extra information you can provide will help us make recommendations on how your timber rack can be built.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ciccio
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric,

I would like it store sheets to approx 1200 mm l x 800 mm h on the one side, compartments on the other side for short asstd pieces  of timber and shelving in the middle for longer pices of timber please?

Thankyou

Frank

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Frank (@Ciccio),

I put together a rendering that might assist you with your planning. Hopefully, it covers your requests above. You didn't mention a size you were aiming for, but the unit is entirely customisable. I'd suggest you pick up a couple of sheets of MDF, some construction Pine, a couple of boxes of timber screws and some castors. You can then start cutting the MDF sheets and piecing the unit together. You'll also need a circular saw and drill driver. Remember your PPE, including safety glasses, a face mask and hearing protection.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects