Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a shed using recycled materials?

Faiz
Finding My Feet

How to build a shed using recycled materials?

Hi Team, new to building things and wanted to build a shed in a corner given by my wife 😀 to use as my area  ...approx 200 L × 90 width × 120 cm height.

Need help on how to go about making it using recycled options like pallets or as suggested.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: need advice to building a outdoor shed environment friendly

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Faiz. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about building a shed.

Building a shed would be a reasonable challenge to someone new to building things. It's something I would consider after many years of building experience, and even then, I'm sure I would come across challenges. If you are keen to give it a go I'm sure you're entirely capable of constructing the project; it's just worth bearing in mind that it's not what would be considered a beginner project.

The first place to start is to draw sketches of what you want to achieve. Once you have a plan, you can begin to select the timber you wish to work with. Given that you want to use recycled options that add another layer of complexity, you'll need to work with what you have. Pallets could be a good option; just make sure you can get your hands on a couple of dozen of them to finish the project.

Once you've completed your sketches and decided on what materials you'll use, please let me know, and I'd be happy to go over your design and provide further guidance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc for giving me an honest opinion. I will start with something more simple to gain some experience and than try something different.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Faiz,

You might like to check out some of our How To guides. They are rated by skill level, so you can select one to follow designed for a beginner. I recently put together How to build a saw horse, which would be an excellent project for you to consider building. The saw horses will provide a great work surface for future projects and by building them you'll learn how to install screws into structural timbers, similar to what you'd be doing on the shed.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects