Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to convert a swinging shed door to a sliding door?

DarylS
Growing in Experience

How to convert a swinging shed door to a sliding door?

Hi all, 

I've built an EasyShed but would like a sliding door on the front instead of the two swinging doors they come with. 

I've attached pictures for ease of understanding about what's to be done, the sliding door is to go on the outside of the shed. 
I'd imagine i'd need a track top and bottom, the lip of the roof to the shed is 65mm wide, i'd imagine this is an opportunity for a track/channel to be mounted to this? Or perhaps sliders along the long wall but i'd prefer to keep that free and it's not the most sturdy along there as it's just aluminium panels. 

Door opening is 1500mm and height is 2100mm. 

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts. 

Many Thanks,

Daryl

IMG_4474.jpgIMG_4473.jpgIMG_4472.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Swinging door to sliding door conversion

Hello @DarylS 

Thanks for sharing your question about converting your shed door into a sliding set. I suggest having a look at the Cowdroy 3m Trojan Sliding Packaged Set for Single Doors. You'll probably need to use angle brackets to hang the top rail and it will probably need to be trimmed down as the rail is 3 meters long. 

It will also be necessary to purchase another set of wheels as the kit only contains one set for a single door. It will be necessary if you are planning on doing a split sliding door set. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects