Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to enclose carport?

azza0712
Getting Established

How to enclose carport?

Hi Everyone,

I would like to enclose my carport, turn it in to garage keep the car away from the elements, as well as extra storage space. As you see it is right against the fence. 

Any suggestions ?

219A696B-0ABA-479C-94AB-FA10398940C6.jpeg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to enclose carport?

G'day @Jason 

It's a pity no one returned to show us what their outcome/solutions were. Looks to be an interesting topic.

Jason.PNG

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to enclose carport?

Hi @Noyade,

Well, mate it comes down to communication.

As a radio ham here in New Zealand, you can't just put up a mast or whatever without the input from the people all around you that have to look at it and it's antennas.

I have a really good rapport with my neighbours, apart from that idiot over the road, but he doesn't count.

I didn't need a building permit for the 12 metre mast I put up, but the building inspector came around and had a gander and said "yeah, that looks alright and signed the compliance certificate.

It's when you don't say anything and just go your own merry way that things turn pear shaped.

My mast tilts over if I have to work on it, but the neighbours know that I do radio comms for Civil Defence if the weather turns nasty.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects