Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix an Ozito mower switch?

can
Just Starting Out

How to fix an Ozito mower switch?

Hi

I’m at a bit of a loss.

i was gifted an ozito telescopic mower at Christmas 2020 which I absolutely love. Then yesterday the plastic button inside of the handle broke. 
I’ve tried to get the receipt and asked for them to search statements and they aren’t sure what dates to search.

I’ve called ozito to try and get a replacement part but they have said they don’t sell this component.

I don’t really want to buy a whole new mower when it’s just a tiny plastic part (not the electricals or the micro switch) and everything else is working perfectly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to fix an Ozito mower switch?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @can. We're delighted to have you join us and look forward to seeing and assisting you with your home improvement and garden projects.

Sorry to hear about your Ozito mower. Let me call upon our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL for his thoughts on how to proceed. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @can 

Thanks for sharing your question about your Ozito mower. I'm sorry to hear that Ozito can't provide you with a replacement spare part. In this particular instance, I suggest checking your area for a lawn mower repair shop. You can then give them a call and ask them if they are able to repair your lawn mower switch. Make sure to ask for a quote before you commit to bringing your machine to the shop.

One other possible avenue of repair is to call a registered electrician. Make sure to explain to them what has happened and ask if they are able to repair or replace the switch with something suitable.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
beeker
Getting Established

is 3d printing a replacement part an option?  how much of the broken part do you have?    (Notwithstanding the other comments below about electrical etc)

Matt

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects