Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking shed?

Triggy
Finding My Feet

How to fix leaking shed?

1000013592.jpg

1000013593.jpg

 Hi All, 

Having an issue with our new shed that I built. During heavy rain water seems to splash onto underneath the roof sheets and drip onto purlin / inside wallsheet. Isn't a big amount but enough to form drips on the top purlin. During very heavy rain I had about 50c size puddle on the floor in 1 spot. Would something like trimdek seal be enough to stop this?

Thanks in advance.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leaking shed?

Hello @Triggy 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have yo join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your shed.

I agree with your proposed solution, Trimdeck seal should be adequate to stop the leak that is travelling along your roof line.  Another option would be to use Bastion 1200 x 600 x 30mm XPS Multi Use Foam Board, but you would need to custom cut each piece into shape so that it fits the gap.

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Triggy 

I was looking at your pics during lunch and was trying to think of something other then expanding foam to solve the issue, I do liek the solution from @EricL  with the trimdeck idea to fill the gaps. Not sure if you would still get whatever splashes running down the walls a liitle tho.  Maybe the expanding foam would also help seal it?

Dave

Triggy
Finding My Feet

Thanks for the replies guys, so I'm going to do a bit a trial and I'll do a update once we get some more rain, I suspect the way it's come in is its only the protrusion on the trim deck that's letting water drip off the underside of the roof sheet and down so I've cut up the trim deck closed cell foam and put it into the protrusions for a couple meters worth. Fingers crossed 🤞 it's only a few drips so hopefully this should be enough 🤞I think the expander foam is probably the best thing to seal it but I'm not sure how I'd do it with out making a mess/looking terrible.

Cheers, Brad.

1000013594.jpg

1000013595.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Triggy 

If you decide to use the expanding foam, you'll need to use a custom cut cardboard holder which you'll need to make yourself. This will keep the foam in place until it expands and settles. Once it cures you can then slowly remove the cardboard.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects