Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a peg board without drilling?

Sath
Growing in Experience

How to install a peg board without drilling?

I would like to install a peg board in my tin shed without drilling any holes in the frames. I have been thinking out building a standalone wooden frame and screwing the peg board on to that wooden frame. Any one do something like this or any ideas?

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Install a peg board without drilling

Morning @Sath 

Any chance of seeing the interior of the shed - where you want the pegboard?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Sath,

What are you planning on hanging on the peg board? If they are only lightweight tools or objects, then you could potentially get away with using Heavy-Duty Liquid Nails to stick some timber batons onto your shed wall and then screw the pegboard onto them. You could then add Tekscrews from the outside through the shed wall into the batons. The Tekscrews have a seal, so no water penetration can occur. Seeing the screw heads on the outside would certainly look better than screwing from the inside and seeing their points on the outside.

Creating a frame also sounds like a viable solution. Have you done any sketches that you could show us? As @Noyade mentioned adding some images of the area and wall would assist our members with providing solutions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sath
Growing in Experience

See attached pics of my shed. Would like to put the peg board between the racksIMG_3480.jpgIMG_3482.jpg. Havent really thought about a design for a frame but was thinking about making a wide frame similar to the bike rack her :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Sath,

Could you use the racks and build off them? You'd just need to screw a couple of lengths of 90 x 35mm Pine between them to affix the pegboard onto. Alternatively, your idea of creating a free-standing wooden frame would also work well.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects