Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal wall to floor in Colorbond shed?

Ray74
Just Starting Out

How to seal wall to floor in Colorbond shed?

IMG_7205.jpeg

IMG_7206.jpeg

IMG_7207.jpeg

IMG_7208.jpeg

    

Hi all, how do I seal the join of the wall to the concrete floor of the colorbond shed?

There are a few small rust holes but I think the water gets in mostly from underneath the wall when we bet heavy rain, either way I need some help. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to seal wall to floor in Colorbond shed?

Hello @Ray74 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about sealing your shed wall.

I propose having a look at this guide - How to waterproof a shed floor by @MitchellMc. In it, you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the shed wall and how to seal it. The product used is the Sika 300ml Grey Sikaflex 11FC Plus Polyurethane Adhesive Sealant

It's important to get the gap as clean as possible so that the adhesive takes hold. If the holes in the wall are as large as screw holes, you can use the Sikaflex to fill in the holes as well. If all the gaps are filled, all you need to do now is wait and see if it's enough to keep the water out.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ray74
Just Starting Out

Re: How to seal wall to floor in Colorbond shed?

Thank you👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects