Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop water seeping through garage wall?

nand1178
Just Starting Out

How to stop water seeping through garage wall?

Hi

there is a very narrow space between the garage wall and the end of the fence the area is retaining water and seeping through the walls of the garage 

it is difficult to going into the space as it is quite small 

looking for suggestions on how we can build a drain so there is no water retention 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: water seeping through garage wall

Hello @nand1178 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your garage wall.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the garage wall where the leak is occurring. This will give our members a chance to assess the current conditions present in the area. We can then offer recommendations on how to fix or divert the leak.

Generally speaking, where is the source of water coming from? Can that source be stopped or diverted? Is it possible to make a secondary drain along the way so that the water will continue to flow out? These some of the general solutions that come to mind, but we'll be able to offer you more once we see the situation.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
nand1178
Just Starting Out

4b6ff622-1ed3-4fa5-bf29-71bd01931e81.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @nand1178,

Any idea what the upright orange pipes are? Are they on your plans? You'll need to establish their purpose and determine if there is enough room to install a drainage line along this area.  

I presume your property is the one on the left? If so, you might like to contact your builder to find out whether drainage was installed to deal with the difference in elevation between the properties. Also, a drainage expert can advise on whether a drainage line can be installed here given the limited space.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell for your advice the orange pipes cover open iron rods

We are a second owner to the property hence we don’t have the built plan yet.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @nand1178,

It might be worth contacting your local council to see if you can get a copy of your house plans, as they'll often keep them on file. Given the tight working conditions, I think it would be a good idea to get a quote on the work from a drainage expert. You'd then have a much better idea of what will be involved with correcting the issue.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects