Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to store these tools?

nagumuthu
Making a Splash

How to store these tools?

Hello Members

Sharing some of the tools under my umbrella and wondering on Cabinet with peg board for placing them in the garage.

image.jpg

I would like to have them inside closed doors for a neat and tidy look.

1.9m height cabinet looks good for the placement. Has peg board to be bought separately for a fix inside the cabinet.

Can you please share any of steel cabinets that fit for the purpose.

Many thanks.

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Tool Storage

Hi @nagumuthu 

Steel  cabinets arnt   readily a common  item these days  but you  could always buy old school locker cabinets from second hand dealers or gumtree or ebay  as  well as an old or new flat pack wardrobe will make an excellent tool cupboard with a  clean up and  paint. Old steel filing  cabinet draws work a treat to as you can screw  on modern kitchen type panels and add new handles. You will never know they are the old filing cabinets.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to store these tools?

Morning @nagumuthu 

My thought would be Jumbo Hooks. Two of these would accommodate the snipper, shovel and blower via their handles and then that 'edgy thingamajig' could lie across both hooks. My cabinet experience is you attempt to pull one thing out - and the whole lot comes out.

Out of curiosity - the battery on the whipper-snipper - is at the cutting end?

BEG
Getting Established

@Noyade, hi there, it looks to me like the battery isn’t attached to the whipper snipper.

Re: Tool Storage

Hi @nagumuthu

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Noyade, @BEG and @Jewelleryrescue. Do you have a shed on your property? If you do, have you considered putting in a timber panel where you can hang all of your tools on? From the looks of it, these tools get used regularly and having them in the shed would protect them from the weather. 

Another option is to use a Mimosa 280L Woodlook Outdoor Storage Box, you would be able to fit three of the tools in, but your lawn edger will have to find another spot. Using hooks is always a good option to hold tools in place, it's finding a location that's the tricky part.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @BEG 

"it looks to me like the battery isn’t attached to the whipper snipper."

Yes. Couldn't find a face-plant emojie - I need to see specsavers.

BEG
Getting Established

🤓

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects