Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to wall-mount battery chargers?

redking
Getting Established

How to wall-mount battery chargers?

I need ideas for installing battery charges to the garage wall.

Its for 3 Ryobi stations.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to wall-mount battery chargers?

Hi @redking,

One of the all-time most popular projects on the Bunnings Workshop site is this drill charging station by @Wayne. Would you consider something similar?

Another option might be to utilise Ryobi's new LINK modular storage system.   

Let me tag some clever and experienced community members for their ideas: @Dave-1@Tara86@lcooksey88@RatBoy @Remarka6le@r23on.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @redking 

Just to add to the suggestions made, I also recommend having a look at these discussions - Power tool charging and storage station by @Usedbloom and How to build a drill charging station by @MitchellMc.

I propose thinking about expanding the role of your battery charging cradle. Adding extra shelves or holders can serve as a parking spot for drill bits, hole saws and other accessories that you use with your drill. In this manner you won't have to search in another spot because you have all the accessories in one area.

Another thing you might want to consider is the ability to relocate and portability. Here is a featured project that uses French cleats - Custom tool holders on French cleat wall by @fhk56.

My best advice is to draw it on paper first to give you a chance to explore the possibilities of expanding the function of your wall mount battery charging station.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @redking 

Ive always wanted one as well, havnt built it but the one that @Jason mentions by @Wayne  looks good :smile:

At the moment I have my batteries lined up on the laundry bench and the charger out in the kitchen bench as I really dont like the idea of a charger charging the batteries and me forgetting about them so would rather keep an eye on them while they charge.

The plans I have in mind are for my "Charging station" is to actually have a fireproof base and sides so if the worst case happens then potetentially it wont go critical. 

Dave

redking
Getting Established

Many thanks for the tips.

I will adapt the concept to a wall with very little dept space.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, please share updates as you progress @redking. The community loves a good organisation project and I'm sure will get inspiration from what you achieve.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects