Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Our she shed

Juliaz
Building a Reputation

Our she shed

72569982-C954-4E7C-AF7A-54C25F50016A.jpeg

When extra space was needed, an affordable solution was a Studio. A perfect solution for a retreat or activities room! 

B367D323-B9AB-47EF-A451-B49BC9A25476.jpeg

013FE14B-393F-4E17-AD59-8B7587445B6E.jpeg

Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Re: Our she shed

That's a glorious shed, @Juliaz, well done! Those weatherboards look beautiful, and your shed is a great blend of style and function. I won't be surprised if it makes it to our list of Top 10 most popular garage and shed projects one day.

I'm sure our members would be keen to know details of your process. How did you go about building this shed, and what were the tools and materials used? 

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're thrilled to have you here, and hope you'll find the site a valuable resource for inspiring and handy D.I.Y. ideas and advice. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most out of the site.

Congratulations on your shed once again, great work!

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Oh wow @Juliaz I want one 😆 This is gorgeous !!!!! 

Juliaz
Building a Reputation

Thank you, a big project but it was worth it. 

Juliaz
Building a Reputation

Thank you! First step, my husband Chris  decided to use a Galvanised subframe for the shed.  Chris ordered standard 3m lengths which he cut down himself  to achieve the nine-post design he wanted. The frame was set on posts that were concreted into the ground. All screwed together with 12 x 20mm Tek screws and a cordless drill all purchased from Bunnings. The hardest parts of the build for us were the preparation of the site and digging the holes etc. We also needed a trench to connect the electrical/data/internet from the main house which delayed us. The actual studio (kit) itself was very straightforward when following the instruction folder that came with the kit. There were many unplanned trips to Bunnings for various reasons including unforeseen things that would crop up or  having the wrong tools for cuts, drilling ect, Chris purchased hex galvanised screws  Dewalt cordless drill and Ryobi multi tool and a Ozito angle grinder just for that job. Chris appreciated the fact that Bunnings has many close locations and opening hours are very convenient.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects