Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What boards to use to close in a carport?

Jsuth19
Finding My Feet

What boards to use to close in a carport?

I am in the process of closing in my carport to create a second garage. 

I am just wondering the best fiber cement boards or paneling to use, it will be rendered after a relatively cheap but waterproof option. Item numbers would be a great help!

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Closing in a carport

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jsuth19. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about exterior cladding.

You'll find your options are very extensive these days regarding exterior cladding. From smooth boards to textured cladding, I'm sure there is an exterior cladding to suit your needs. If you're considering rendering have a look at a textured cladding instead that can be painted, as that could save you a whole heap of effort. I'd recommend James Hardie 2440 x 1200 x 8.5mm Hardie Fine Texture Cladding for a specific product. Remember that the cost per sheet also takes into account your time and the rendered product you'd otherwise need to apply to achieve this effect. There's also no need to waterproof these sheets.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Closing in a carport

@Jsuth19 @MitchellMc Don't forget to check with your local council for regulations in regards to closing in that carport. There would be nothing worse than to undertake all that work then receive a letter by council to pull it down and it does happen.

Carl

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects