Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is the max blade thickness for Ozito 200 800W Corded Table Saw TBS-0810?

Kiribati
Just Starting Out

What is the max blade thickness for Ozito 200 800W Corded Table Saw TBS-0810?

G’day

Please,

I may purchase from Bunnings your “Ozito 200 800W Corded Table Saw TBS-0810”

Or the next one up, the 2000W model.

I am ordering from Kiribati so need to get this right.

I have a technical question,

What is the Maximum “thickness” of a blade?,

or will this model accept stacked blades ?

or a dado blade.

I understand your machine is 800W (500W continuous 800W for less than 10 minutes.

We need this for light weight, repeated soft cutting slotting a piece of soft wood.

Zero Accuracy because this is Not Cabinet finish work.

And this saw seems to be perfect.

Thank you

Chuck Corbett

Fullscreen capture 222024 50941 PM.bmp.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Max Blade Thickness or dado or stacked blade “Ozito 200 800W Corded Table Saw TBS-0810”

Hello @Kiribati 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your Ozito table saw.

That is indeed a very interesting question. Please allow me to get back to you on this as Ozito's technical team has closed shop for the day. I'll get in touch with them on Monday after the weekend. As soon as I have the information needed, I'll get back to you.

Let me call on our experienced members @JoeAzza and @TedBear for their opinion on blade thickness for a table saw.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Max Blade Thickness or dado or stacked blade “Ozito 200 800W Corded Table Saw TBS-0810”

Hi @Kiribati 

I’m sure @EricL will be able assist you in answering your enquiry, in the mean time I found this information online
It says not to use dado stacks, the blade thickness supplied with this saw is 2.4 mm wide.

I don’t use dado blades on my saw, when I want to make slots in timber I use a router, a hand held and a router table.

https://assets.einhell.com/manuals-pdf/900_595148/Manual-3000238-tbs-2000.pdf

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is the max blade thickness for Ozito 200 800W Corded Table Saw TBS-0810?

Hello @Kiribati 

Thank you for your patience. I've just received a reply from Ozito and they only recommend using 1.6mm blades and not to use dado stacks as they are not designed for it. As a possible cutting alternative for your project, I suggest having a look at routers and building a table jig for it. You'll be able to duplicate the cuts that you need, and the router tool can still be used for trimming and other various cuts that you might need.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects