Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: pallets

Thanks heaps! I look forward to seeing all the great ideas on this community 😊

Re: pallets

A great place to start would be with our Top 10 most popular pallet projects @whitecrane. Apart from those, our members have contributed a tonne of other projects you might like to checkout.

Mitchell

Are there free timber pallets at Tuggeranong Bunnings?

Hello there - are there any free timber pallets that I could pick-up from the Bunnings Tuggeranong? I need three for some outdoor garden landscaping projects.  Thank you!

Re: Are there free timber pallets at Tuggeranong Bunnings?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ReviloNomad. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

The best way to find out if a store has free pallets available without going there would be to contact them directly. In this case, you can give Bunnings Tuggeranong a call on Ph: (02) 6234 2000. Just ask to speak with a team member in the timber yard, and they'll be happy to let you know what they have.

I've taken the liberty of calling for you, and they have an "abundance" of free pallets ready and waiting.

What sort of landscaping project will you be building with them?

Mitchell

Thanks very much Mitchell! I'm using the pallet timber to clad some wicking veggie garden beds that I have made out of half plastic IBC cubes.

Sounds interesting @ReviloNomad! Please post some images when you're done and sing out if you get stuck and need assistance. We're here to help.

Mitchell

IDIY
Just Starting Out

wooden pallets

Hi! 

I am looking for untreated hardwood/cedar  wood pallets from which I can make a compost bin. 

Where would I find/purchase these? 

I will use these to make compost bins like the pictures   attached- any tips  would be appreciated!. 

Screenshot_20211208-210013_Chrome.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: wooden pallets

Hello @IDIY

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your query about acquiring timber pallets.

Our stores offer free pallets whenever they become available. However, you will have to visit your local store in order to identify which pallet you wish to take. Unfortunately, the pallets are unmarked and have no identification as to what type of timber it is. I suggest calling your local store and speaking to a team member in the Timberyard as they can easily spot the pallets and tell you if any are available. If you are making compost bins please make sure to grab only the pallets that are marked as HT "heat-treated" these pallets will be safe to use in your garden. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your pallet compost bins ready for use.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Shezray
Just Starting Out

free pallets

Just wondering where and what bunnings has in the way of free pallets, I'm needing about 9 if possible located in wonthaggi Vic thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: free pallets

Hello @Shezray 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your question.

I've just spoken to the Bunnings Wonthaggi store, and unfortunately, the last few pallets have already been taken. They currently have none in stock. Our stores offer free pallets whenever they become available. Because of their popularity, a lot of D.I.Y. enthusiasts pick them up as soon as they are available. The best way to find out if a store has pallets available is to give them a call. Try to speak to a timber yard team member, they'll be able to spot straight away if pallets are available for pick up. Please note that it is on a first-come, first-serve basis. They will not hold or put aside pallets for you at the store. What kind of project are you building? Any updates you can provide would be much appreciated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric   

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects