Workshop
Ask a question

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rjay1
Just Starting Out

Pallets

Hi there. Wondering if bunnings Mindarie have pallets to be collected?

Planning on building a L shape seating outside. Thanks 😊 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rjay1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring free pallets.

I apologise for the delay in my reply.

It's always best to give your local store a quick call before heading in to find out if they have any available pallets at that time. Their demand can mean they're there one minute and gone the next. Just ask for a team member in the drive-through or timber yard. Bunnings Mindarie can be contacted on Ph: (08) 94087200, and they'll be happy to assist with your enquiry.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and feel free to share your pallet seating project with the community. For other inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects. We're looking forward to seeing what you create.

Mitchell

CassFev
Just Starting Out

Re: Where can I find free pallets?

Hi there

I’m looking for free pallets in or close to the Byron Shire. 2483.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @CassFev. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

The best way to find out if a store has free pallets available without going there would be to contact them directly. In this case, you can give Bunnings Byron Bay a call on Ph: (02) 66395300. Just ask to speak with a team member in the timber yard, and they'll be happy to let you know if they have anything that suits your needs.

We're looking forward to seeing what you create with them.

Mitchell

indira
Just Starting Out

I am also looking for couple of free palettes thornleigh or Dural

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @indira. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

It's always best to give the store a quick call before you head in. I've checked with them both, and Dural would be the better of the two options, as they have slightly more at the moment.

Keep us updated on your project, and reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

sboyan
Just Starting Out

needing some pallets

Hi  I'm in Penrith and looking for some pallets  do bunnings give theirs away? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: needing some pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sboyan. It's brilliant to have you join us and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

Most of our stores will happily provide you with free pallets when they are available. Just have a word with one of our helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store, and they will be able to point you in the right direction. 

What are you planning on making with the pallets and have you checked out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects?

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have any questions. We're always happy to help.

Mitchell

free wooden pallets

Hi Everyone,

Is there is any possibilities that I can get free wooden pallets? I require them to construct an outdoor small decking area at my house in Manor lakes 3024 Victoria.

Requesting your inputs and advice.

Thank you

Re: free wooden pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kumarshalabh. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sourcing pallets.

To grab some free pallets, the closest place near you would be Bunnings Werribee, Hoppers Crossing or Tarneit. Just give your closest store a quick call before you head in to make sure there're some available to pick up. 

It sounds like an exciting project you're about to embark on. Check out @Arcc's discussion about their Recycled pallet and crate timber decks. It's a fantastic example of what can be achieved by recycling pallets.

Please let us know if you need any assistance with your project or would like to share it with the community.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects