Workshop
Ask a question

How to repair holes in Suntuf polycarbonate?

mstroud
Finding My Feet

How to repair holes in Suntuf polycarbonate?

I need to repair small holes in 10yr old Suntuf clear greco polycarbonate. The holes were made to feed hoses into a shed and the repair needs to be  vermin-proof. Any suggestions?

IMG_8642.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: polycarbonate repair

Hello @mstroud 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your polycarbonate wall.

I propose using Kinetic 295 x 210mm White Flat Self Adhesive Cover Plate cut in half and placed on both sides of the poly carbonate. I also recommend using Parfix 300g Clear All Purpose Silicone on the edge of the cover plate to protect it from the elements.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for your advice regarding repairing a hole in polycarbonate. However, I'm concerned thst rats will chew their way through this patch - is there any solution using metal screen or somesuch that rats can't chew through?

mstroud

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to repair holes in Suntuf polycarbonate?

Good Afternoon @mstroud 

You could use another piece of Suntuf and cut a large size section, then glue/silastic a "patch" that matches the corrorgations of the existing sheet. 

Suntuf 1.8m Clear Greca Polycarbonate Roof Sheet - 1800mm  or if you dont want to buy another sheet you could shorten one of your existing sheets?

Dave

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mstroud,

It's great to see you've received some advice from @Dave-1. I agree with his idea to cut a patch from the same material so that it matches the corrugations. This patch could be screwed in place using Zenith 12G x 50mm Galvanised Dome Washer Head Roof Screws and sealed with Parfix 300g Clear All Purpose Silicone.

If you are concerned the rats would be able to chew through a patch similar to Dave-1's idea or the one my colleague @EricL has recommended, then maybe you would consider replacing the sheet in its entirety. The sheet Dave-1 has linked to comes in a variety of lengths to suit your purposes and it can be installed with the same screws I mentioned earlier.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects