Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can we replace sewer vents?

Mandrew
Just Starting Out

Can we replace sewer vents?

Hello Everyone. 

We've got these sticking up in our backyard. Can we do anything about them? We think they're vents for the Sewage. Happy to keep them doing their job but we'd love to make them stuck up less. Any thoughts? 

1000016749.jpg

1000016752.jpg

  

1000016751.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Sewer Gas Vents

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mandrew. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sewer pipes.

Quite often, sewer vents/access ports are located at a specific height due to regulations or elevated toilets within the building. I'd suggest the easiest solution would be to enlist the services of a plumber to assess the installation and, if possible, adjust their height to be flush with the ground. However, I suspect that if it were practicable to install them flush, they would have done so in the first place.

Alternatively, you might like to look for ways to conceal them. Perhaps an enclosed timber bench could be built over them. Bear in mind that you'll still need to access them on occasion.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects