Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does the Ryobi garden vacuums pick up small nuts?

MayneWurray
Finding My Feet

Does the Ryobi garden vacuums pick up small nuts?

Does the Ryobi Garden Vacuum pick up small nuts from a Box Tree as well as leaves?  How long does the battery last before charging?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden Vacuums

Hello @MayneWurray 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about the Ryobi Garden vacuum.

If you are referring to the Ryobi 36V Cordless Blower Vacuum using your existing 36V battery, this unit will deliver up to 20 minutes of runtime from a 5.0Ah battery. Please note that this product is designed for vacuuming of dry leaves and grass clippings only. 

If by chance it happens to suck up the nuts from the Box Tree, it's probably just by chance as the vacuum is specifically designed to take up dry leaves and grass clippings. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does the Ryobi garden vacuums pick up small nuts?

Hi @MayneWurray,

If the nozzle is held close to the nuts, it will pick them up. However, the machine is only designed for leaves, and the nuts will damage the internal impeller. As the nuts are harder than leaves, prolonged exposure will eventually cause the unit to fail.

If you have both leaves and nuts in the area, I would suggest blowing the lighter leaves into a corner and collecting them from there. The nuts can then be swept up and disposed of.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

MayneWurray
Finding My Feet

I will be buying the vac to suck up the leaves not to sweep them which is a physical difficulty for me.  I really would like to pick up nuts so probably can’t use the unit described.

thanks for your communication 

w

Hi @MayneWurray,

A correction to my previous post: The machine actually has a metal impeller, not plastic. I've followed up with Ryobi's technical team, and they have advised that although it's not designed for nuts, sucking them up shouldn't damage the machine. Obviously, it won't mulch them, but it should be fine to collect them. 

We are now just left with how effective it will be at sucking them up. I'd recommend you take some of them into your closest store and see if a team member can actually give the machine a go to see if it will suck them up proficiently.

I thought I would also mention that there are a couple of push-along sweepers. Using one could be less labour-intensive than a broom. We have the Karcher S4 Twin Push Sweeper and Gardena Leaf and Grass Collector.

Mitchell

Thanks very much.  A game changer for me.

w

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects