Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a bottled liquid fertiliser hose connector?

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

How to add a bottled liquid fertiliser hose connector?

Howdy All,

Spring is here and I want to apply some bottled fertiliser such as Seasol to my lawn and plants. What I'm curious about is having the bottle of fertiliser inline on the hose, with my regular sprinkler at the end; this means I can use a timer to set and forget the process instead of standing there spraying it around. How could I rig this inline bottle into my hose? It doesn't have to use the bottle it comes in, I could use whatever works best.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bottled Liquid Fertiliser Hose Connector

Hi Jason @BoeingFan,

That's a great idea, but I see a couple of issues with it.  Bottled fertilisers are designed to be applied to areas until the soil is saturated; there is no need to apply them to an area for an extended amount of time, as would be the case with the sprinkler. The dispensing bottle allows a specific amount of fertiliser to be mixed with the water flow at the required rate, so you'd need to rig it inline. Unfortunately, the fitting on the bottles is not designed to be run inline.

Your idea would work well for distributing trace amounts of fertiliser over an area, but I'm not aware of any inline fertiliser dispensers. In your case, I feel it would be best to pick yourself up a few bottles of PowerFeed 2L Hose On Liquid Fertiliser and distribute them over your lawn and plants. It will only take 10 minutes to distribute each bottle, and you just need to soak areas and then move on. It's the same process as watering your lawn and plants, just with the fertiliser dispenser attached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Bottled Liquid Fertiliser Hose Connector

Hi Mitchell@MitchellMc ,

It was worth asking the question at least. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Regards,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects