Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add street appeal?

Toni297
Getting Established

How to add street appeal?

Hello,

we are looking for a budget friendly way to improve out front garden. We don’t have retic, so need plants that can handle the heat of the sun. We will be getting artificial lawn installed but I wanted to add a little privacy for the front door. I want to do something with those woodchips too. They are unsightly. 

C5F0DFFC-C3F1-4E96-88E1-C59CF23CE98B.jpeg

3E0980B0-2C8B-4250-87BA-AA64ABDF19FA.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How add street appeal

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Toni297. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about front yard landscaping.

You'll find a ton of helpful information for your project on the community. I'd recommend you start by reading through these guides: 

You'll then find plenty of inspiration in these articles on 10 ways to improve your home's street appeal, Top 10 most popular garden makeovers, 10 fast growing plants for privacy and Great ideas for outdoor privacy.

Some previous discussions on similar topics:

You might like to try out the Gardena garden planner, which can really assist in visualising the layout of your yard. If you are not planning on installing irrigation, then I'd suggest you look toward drought-resistant plants that are Australian natives.

Our members will be keen to assist with your project, so please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @Toni297,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. 

Great to see Mitch has provided lots of inspiring and helpful resources to start you on your journey. I thought I'd share one more. Make sure you check out the new Make It Happen series. In the first couple of episodes the team transformed the house facade and the front garden, so they should be really inspiring for you. 

We look forward to seeing how you can improve your home and garden. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell. 
Thank you this will all come in handy!

I’ll have a read and let you know if I have any other questions. 😊

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to add street appeal?

Good Morning @Toni297 as Mitch and Jason have kindly shared, there is great information here to get inspired and refresh your front yard. 
I noticed that you said you will be putting in artificial lawn. If that’s the case, don’t go overboard, keep it simple. Stick with Australian Native plants to reduce water usage. Just plant a small border around the new lawn with Native grasses like Lomandra or Dianella or even Carex Grass - Feather Falls is beautiful and tough. 
For privacy at the front door, maybe a beautiful screen as a feature would look great 😊 

Good luck with your garden project 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects