Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a garden bed edge?

oki
Just Starting Out

How to build a garden bed edge?

How to make an edge as on the photo?

1000003650.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to build a garden bed edge?

Hello @oki,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! Great to see you make your first post since joining us earlier this year. We trust you've been finding the site informative and inspiring. 

Many thanks for your question on how to build a garden bed edge. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist you when he's back online later today. In the meantime, feel free to check out his guide How to choose garden edging for some related tips on the topic. 

Looking forward to seeing how this project progresses. Please do keep us updated. 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a garden bed edge?

Hi @oki

Thanks for sharing your question about garden edging. Looking at the photo you posted the edging was created using Icon Plastics 100mm x 10m Slate Grey Garden Edge. If you are trying to recreate this look in the photo, make sure to mark the area where the garden edging will sit. I suggest using Tuscan Path 280mm Black Garden Edging Peg - 10 Pack to initially hold the garden edging in place. But once you start filling it with rocks and pebbles you can then arrange the edging to your desired shape.

Depending on how much you are planning to fill your garden display, it will be necessary to dig a channel for the edging, you also have the choice of getting a shorter garden edging if you don't wish to dig too deeply. 

I also suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Garden makeover with flexible steel garden edging by @EleventhCoastal

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects