Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to care for Haworthia Tesselata after blossom?

VincentCCS
Getting Established

How to care for Haworthia Tesselata after blossom?

Hi everyone,

I have a small pot of succulent - Haworthia Tesselata, which I got from the Bunnings more than half a year ago. And I was so happy that a long stem shot up and blossomed with 11 tiny white flowers. Now that all the flowers have been spent, I wonder if I should cut the long stem from the bottom so that it can propagate another one later.WhatsApp Image 2024-02-29 at 13.33.20.jpeg

Thanks for advice.

Kind regards,

Vincent

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to care for Haworthia Tesselata after blossom?

Hello @VincentCCS 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your succulent.

The demands of the Haworthia Tesselata are not that great. It's best to place it in full sun, water only when the soil in the pot is dry and very minimal fertilizer. I'm not totally familiar with the flowering stem of the Haworthia, I suggest leaving it on and not removing it unless it dries out and dies.

Let me call on our experienced members @Noelle, @mich1972, @Organised_House, @Jamespeter100 and @Nikkaz for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
VincentCCS
Getting Established

Hi @EricL ,

Thanks so much for your advice and have a good evening.

Vincent

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning @VincentCCS agreed with @EricL definitely let the flowers die out, just leave it 😃

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @VincentCCS 

If the flower stem is dry, then cut it off at the base with a pair of fine scissors or flower snips, taking care not to accidentally slice any of the haworthia's 'leaves'.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects