Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect add a garden hose tap to water tanks?

WillyY
Just Starting Out

How to connect add a garden hose tap to water tanks?

Hi all - I'm looking to use some grey water to water my garden. I have way too much water in my tanks for just flushing my toilets!

My two tanks are currently connected by a T junction before leading to the pump. Is there a way to connect a hose to both tanks? Or is it more practical to just connect it to one tank, then replace the T junction with an elbow for the other tank?

Appreciate any ideas and advice.

e4tlvxtcsahc1.jpgtfmkuq5dsahc1.jpg1cm4r2idsahc1.jpgPXL_20240208_053221866.MP.jpgPXL_20240208_053206289.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect add a garden hose tap to water tanks?

Hello @WillyY 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about adding a tap to your grey water system.

If you were to install a Philmac Metric 25mm x 25mm x 3/4" Poly x Poly x FI BSP Tee to any of the blue line pipes currently coming out of your grey water tanks, the water coming out of the hose would only be gravity fed. 

To finish the installation, you would need a Philmac reducing bush 25mm to 20mm male to female. I then recommend a Kinetic 20mm Brass Garden Tap.

However, if you want to have pump assisted water pressure, I recommend placing the tap on the outlet of the pump. You would generally need a Brass Tee and a garden tap to link up to the pump.

Please note that it might be necessary to engage a licensed plumber to complete this work. If in doubt, please your local building authority before starting.     

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects