Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect pressure pump with garden hose?

Tensy
Getting Established

How to connect pressure pump with garden hose?

I bought a Ozito pressure pump (CPPAS-800) to use the water in my water tank to water my gardens. However, I have encountered some connection problems.

As you can see on the photo, I connected a two way tap with the pump and then connected my garden hoses onto the tap. However, when I plugged in the pump and turned on the water, there is water leaking at the connection points. I did use the Teflon tape provided in the pump package whenever there is something to be screwed on.

My questions is how to secure these connection points so that water does not leak anymore? Am I using the wrong type of male/female end and if so what should I use? 

thanks!

IMG_1722.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connecting pressure pump with garden hose?

Hi @Tensy,

If it's leaking from the point you've identified, then that doesn't really have anything to do with the pump itself; it's just two garden hose fittings that should be compatible. If you are not using the additional outlet, you might like to swap the splitter out for a universal tap adaptor

On the splitter, you might like to remove your hose and double-check that the black O-ring is still present on it like it is on the unused side. That black O-ring seals the connection to the click-on hose fitting and prevents leaking at that joint. If it is still present, then either the click-on fitting hasn't been pressed on hard enough, or there's some incompatibility issue. The most common cause of leakage at that location I've seen is that click-on fittings give a click, but they need to be pushed further on until you hear a second click. This second click is them engaging their locking teeth with the other fitting. If they don't engage the teeth, they back off under pressure and begin to leak.

Please let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tensy
Getting Established

Thanks so much Mitchell! I switched out the tap adapters to the hose and it’s not leaking anymore. ☺️ 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Tensy 

I'm sure @MitchellMc will be happy to hear that his recommendations helped out with your pressure pump leaks.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects