Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to control weeds in Sir Walter buffalo lawn?

Callum12
Just Starting Out

How to control weeds in Sir Walter buffalo lawn?

We have extensive Grona Triflora growth in our Sir Walter lawn .

Beggarweed .

Which is best weedkiller to use, when to use it and how do I help lawn to recover? 

Appreciate any assistance you can offer .

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to control weeds in Sir Walter buffalo lawn?

Hello @Callum12 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about removing beggarweed from your lawn.

For quick immediate control I suggest removing the weed manually. I also suggest cutting your lawn short to prevent the weed from establishing itself. 

For direct intervention, I suggest using Yates 1L 490g/L Zero Weed Killer Super Concentrate. Please note that any accidental application of this weed killer on any other plant including the turf will kill it. Application must be directly applied to the weed only.

I recommend using Yates Zero Weeding Herbicide Applicator Brush. The specially developed valve on the brush prevents any leaking, and the easy to apply brush mechanism makes spot weeding easy without back-breaking bending. 

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as appropriate clothing, gloves, goggles and a mask. Please make sure to follow all the safety guidelines at the back of the bottle. Remember that this is a concentrate and must be diluted before use.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects