Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to increase water pressure of Holman sprinkler?

sidbose1987
Getting Established

How to increase water pressure of Holman sprinkler?

Hi Everyone,

I just tried a simple extended sprinkler system for my backyard. I had a Holman 3 arm sprinkler on spike, which seemed fine. So I got another one with 2 m pipe to increase the coverage area. 

But the force of water got very low and wasn’t working at all.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/holman-3-arm-sprinkler-on-spike_p0144524

i made a video but can’t upload.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to increase water pressure of Holman sprinkler?

Apologies for the slow reply @sidbose1987.

To share a video on Workshop, it needs to be uploaded to YouTube first.

Have you tested your water pressure and worked out your maximum flow rate? The Bunnings guide How to plan an irrigation system might be helpful for your planning and investigation work. I will also tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL to assist you as soon as possible.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to increase water pressure of Holman sprinkler?

Hello @sidbose1987 

My apologies for the late reply. Jason has pointed out a very good guide and that is How to plan an irrigation system. In it you'll find a guide on how to measure the number of litres coming out of your tap. The Holman 3 Arm Sprinkler On Spike is an excellent product, but it works best when connected to an electric pump instead of a garden tap.

The pressure reaching the first sprinkler is quite strong, but a soon as you link another sprinkler on the existing garden hose the pressure leaving the first sprinkler is significantly much lower. A possible way to even out the pressure without a pump is to limit the spread of the first sprinkler. The water pressure is therefore kept and transferred onto the next sprinkler. 

If you have a large water tank, you can link a pump to it such as the Ozito 800W Constant Pressure Pump that provides 3,600 litres an hour. More than adequate to support your sprinkler system.

I also suggest having a look at these discussions:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects