Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a trellis to grow cucumbers and beans?

Jersey1975
Just Starting Out

How to install a trellis to grow cucumbers and beans?

I have 4 raised beds and between 2 of them I would like to plant a trellis for cucumbers and beans, please can someone tell me what materials to get and how to install it? Thanks 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Trellis to grow cucumbers and beans

Hi @Jersey1975,

Thank you for your questions and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is great to have you join us.

The best method of installing a trellis might be determined by the layout of the garden beds and the surface underneath. If you could upload some images, it would allow our members to offer their best advice on your specific situation. If you need help uploading images, let me know, I am more than happy to help.

Depending on your specific circumstances, there are likely a number of ways you could go about this project. 

There are products like Jack 1900 x 600mm Grip And Grow Rustic Freestanding Plant Trainer or Jack Tube Trellis 2.06m x 1m which can be pushed into the earth if it is not too hard.

Alternatively, you could drive hardwood stakes or metal stakes into the earth and then attach the trellis to them. The method of attaching the trellis to the stakes would differ depending on what you choose. For example, trellis mesh could be woven over the stakes and secured in place using wire or zip ties or timber trellis could be installed with suitable wood screws such as Zenith 8G x 30mm Galvanised Button Head Stitching Timber Screws

Let me know if this helps or if you'd like some assistance uploading images.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects