Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair grass damage after using weed killer?

Gardenhelp
Building a Reputation

How to repair grass damage after using weed killer?

Hi, 

I used Seasol Organic weed killer on the weeds in my backyard last evening and this morning I found the grass has been affected big brown patches! Please let me know what I need to do to have the grass grow back. I got the bottle from Bunnings. I noticed other weed killers warned about grass getting destroyed but this bottle did not mention it.

Thank you

GardenhelpSeasol Organic weed killerSeasol Organic weed killerDead grassDead grass

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair grass damage after using weed killer?

Hello @Gardenhelp 

I'm sorry to hear that part of your lawn was damaged by the spray. I suggest watering the damaged spot very well in order to dilute the weedkiller. You'll notice at the back of the bottle it does mention to not allow the spray to accidentally make contact or drift onto plants you don't want killed. Even a small drop of the weedkiller from the spray bottle will kill whatever it touches. 

If you wish to reduce the scope of the spray, make sure to spray as close to the weed as possible. Make sure to avoid getting droplets from the spray on to any other part of your lawn. Do not touch your lawn, garden tool or any other plant while you are using the spray.

In regards to the damaged areas, the spray will eventually breakdown in a couple of weeks and your lawn will recover.

Please remember to use appropriate clothing and proper protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when using the spray.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

@Gardenhelp  Don’t stress, what @EricL has advised will definitely help ok, just give it time to recover. Your lawn will bounce back . Keep us posted on how the recovery is going 😊

Gardenhelp
Building a Reputation

Hi @EricL and @mich1972,

Thank you for your advise and prompt attention to my concern of the Seasol weed killer which damaged my lawn. I water it regularly and hope that it will grow back soon.

Kind regards

Gardenhelp

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects