Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to treat plant leaf problem?

Aimee
Just Starting Out

How to treat plant leaf problem?

Hi everyone I found one of my plants have this problem on its leaves. Can anyone help to give me some suggestions how to deal with that pls?

A6DE29C4-B8AA-4874-AF7E-69EF66EDFDF8.jpeg

2898D3F4-6F4F-4F65-BD28-194E83B973AB.jpeg

78B923BB-7FAA-426C-91E1-DE43642C6C28.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to treat plant leaf problem?

Hello @Aimee

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your plant.

In order to give you a comprehensive diagnosis, can you please tell us a little bit about the history of your plant? How long have you had the plant? Has it only recently shown these symptoms? Are there any insects crawling on or around the plant itself? How often do you water it? I know these are a lot of questions, but the more information we have about your plant the better we can tell what's affecting it.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Aimee
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric,  thanks for your reply. We planted these two plants at about maybe two months ago and we water the plants regularly, every two days maybe.

The plants showed this problem not long after we planted it but not so serious at the beginning.  We had thought it was the baby leaves. 

I didn’t notice any insects or worms around the plants.  Thanks 

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Aimee

Thank you very much for the extra information about your plant. Looking at the second picture it looks like your plant is suffering from leaf curling, which is often caused by fungus. Fungus development happens when there is too much water and moisture in the area. When combined with heat, it makes the perfect breeding ground for it. 

I suggest using Yates 250g Leaf Curl Spray to treat the fungus in your plants.

Let me call on our experienced members @Noelle and @Adam_W for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Aimee 

Follow Eric's advice and also water according to the plant's needs, not on a fixed schedule such as every two days.  Stick your finger into the soil to the second knuckle and if it feels moist, don't water.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects